9.01.2009

Border Embroider

I went camping last weekend for the first time in I don't know how many years. While laying in my tent, a symphony of crickets and critters serenaded me to sleep (READ: kept me awake and huddled in a corner away from tent walls). I started to think about my childhood summers spent in the mountains of North Carolina at sleep away camp. Aside from the lack of edible food, no air conditioning, 30 second timed ice cold shower thus being forced to shave my legs on my bed, rock sliding and ending up with scabs all over my bum it was generally a great time! Let's just say I'm an indoor girl. When I stumbled across this Larsen Gray shoulder vest dress, though, I was flooded with memories of whiling away the stifling hours making friendship bracelets in the rec room with my pals. The eco-friendly line comes from Pratt alums Nora Caliguri (the girl who made a dress out of a plastic blue lawn chair on season 1 of Project Runway) and her partner Rachelyn Porter. Made from organic fabric and a can-do attitude, Camp Cheerio would have to approve this DIY activity!


What You'll Need:
Dress
Embroidery floss

Ribbon (optional)
Needle

Thread


First, make yourself a whole bunch of friendship bracelets. Check out instructions here. Sew one end of the bracelets on the strap part of the dress. Personally, I think the dress would look a bit more polished if you then sewed a ribbon around the neckline to cover up the frayed ends at the top.

xx,CC

9 comments:

FashionLagniappe said...

Thank you! I love your creative blog! -Amy

www.fashionlagniappe.blogspot.com

WickedThrifty said...

cute! i spent so much time making these bracelets, myself!

Anonymous said...

that's super cute..i could totally see something like this sold for $80 to $100 on sites like www.joandjoenyc.com where they sell one of a kinds, vintage, and consignment

missnonhuman said...

oooh neat idea. I want to try this concept with something... perhaps a vest.

Moe said...

Dropping by to say I looove your blog! would you believe i've been looking for a blog like this forever! lova love it!

Bluukbob said...

such a fabulous blog!

Would you fancy exchanging links??

xoxox

Mcmaris said...

So creative....and looks great!!

Polished Sense said...

Fabulous! Love the DIY part :D

♡,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

hermes birkin
golden goose outlet
yeezy 700
golden goose sneakers
curry shoes
supreme hoodie
jordan 1 off white
air jordan
yeezy 350
Golden Goose